“Frank” Ferruccio Giannini
Ferruccio Giannini began his road racing career in 1969 as a privateer riding Ducati, AJS and Bultaco motorcycles. In 1973 he joined AMOL Precision’s factory BMW racing team as Oscar Liebmann’s assistant preparing Rennsport 500cc BMW road racers.
The team grew in notoriety and was asked to campaign factory Hondas and Bultacos from Cemoto East. Giannini became team leader, head mechanic, and rider. The AMOL Precision Racing team won many AMA, AAMRR and Canadian Championships. With the legendary rider Kurt Liebmann, Ferruccio Giannini and Fred Simone this team was one of the top teams in racing through the early 80’s. Frank is now the head of Giannini Racing, an eclectic team of riders that competes in vintage racing clubs around the US ,Canada and abroad.
Giannini Racing has captured 15 WERA, 7 Canadian, 4 AMA, 2 FIM championships and over 125 individual victories.
- CB350 road race (multiple) WERA, VRRA, USCRA, AHRMA Championship bikes.
- Honda CR750 Endurance Race Bike ( original )
- Honda CR77 Replica (multiple)
- Honda RC162 Replica
- Benelli 250cc/4cylinder factory replica
Past Racing Efforts:
- Ferruccio Giannini’s own, first Bultaco racing motorcycle
- Ducati Marc 3
- 350cc AJS 7R
- Parilla works 250cc
- Jawa 500cc factory racer
- Norton 500cc Dominator
- Triumph Bonneville
- Honda HRC CB305, CB450, CB750
- Bultaco 250cc TSS air cooled, 250cc TSS water cooled
- Benelli works 200cc 5 stud factory racer
- Ducati 200cc formula 1, 250cc formula 3, Marc 3
- 500cc Reinsport 4 cam racer (custom built most of the engine parts, only two that exist)
- Numerous Successful Ducati and Aermacchi vintage racers through late 1990’s and early 2000s
- MV Agusta 3cyl 350cc – Agostini’s
- MV Agusta 3cyl 500cc – Agostini’s
- MV Agusta 4cyl boxer water cooled prototype
- MV Agusta 4cyl narrow valve angle 500cc – Agostini’s
- Benelli 350cc 4cyl – Pasolini’s
- various Matchless G50 500cc and AJS 7R 350cc racers